Class Location: CRPC Action Shooting Facility, Bay 2
Lead Instructor: Tobe Gagnon, Certified Firearms Instructor
Instructor Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Introduction to the AR Platform class has been designed to educate students who are both new and experienced with AR-Platform firearms. In this class students will learn about the history of the platform, how it was designed to function, common and useful upgrades, and will be taught how to safely disassemble, clean, lubricate, function check, load, operate, unload, and store their AR-Platform firearms.
This is a hybrid style class. The first half will be lecture-style where students will have the opportunity to learn, ask questions, and take notes. The second half will be conducted on a hot range where students will practice good safety and technique while zeroing their rifle and building good muscle-memory through basic exercises.
Member Fee - $25 - non-refundable
Non-Member Fee - $100 ($25 is non-refundable. See cancellation policy for remaining fees.)
You will receive a Paypal invoice to pay your registration fee at the email address you provide upon registration.
Cancellations must be provided in email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 3, 2021. Registration fees for cancellations made after that time will not be refunded.
Items required for this course:
- AR-Patterned firearm
- Can be of any caliber, including the Pistol Caliber Carbines (9mm, 22LR, etc.)
- Sling strongly recommended, but not required
- Tools specific to your firearm, optic, and/or accessories
- Bring any tools that came in the box when you bought it (firearm and/or optic)
- A minimum of 2 magazines
- More recommended
- Magazine holster strongly recommended, but not required
- Empty Chamber Indicator (ECI)
- A minimum of 100 rounds of ammunition
- 150 rounds of ammunition recommended
- Adequate eye protection and hearing protection
- Wrap-around style eye protection strongly recommended
- Use of both ear plugs AND electronic ear muffs
- Proper attire to accommodate weather
- The class is outside and will take place rain or shine, hot or cold
- Seating, snacks, and hydration
- On-site seating is limited, so please bring a chair (camp-style is best)
- You will be responsible for your own food and beverages
- Proper hydration is often overlooked, so please bring more than you think you will need