Calendar of Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Open IDPA Match
***All ASF bays reserved for this event***
Fee - $10 for Members, $20 for Non-Members, Payable at Event
Please register on PractiScore: https://practiscore.com/dashboard/home
This will be a club level International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) match. IDPA is designed as a scenario based defensive firearm sport shooting activity and it is based on concealed carry and meant for use with “carry” style guns and equipment. We are planning on 7 stages, one of which will be a short, standard type “warm-up” stage. We will have 2 stages per bay, plus the warm-up stage. 180 degree rule and/or muzzle safe points will be enforced as well as keeping muzzle pointed below the top of any berms (especially during reloads and moving). New shooters to the sport should concentrate on safety, range commands, and getting their hits. Speed will come.
You do not need to be ASF qualified to shoot this match.
Items required for this match:
- Serviceable handgun or pistol caliber carbine and at least 3 mags or 4 speedloaders.
- Divisions are Stock Service Pistol (SSP), Enhanced Service Pistol (ESP), Custom Defense Pistol (CDP), Revolver (REV), Compact Carry Pistol (CCP), Back Up Gun (BUG), Carry Optic (CO), and Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC).
- Strong side OWB holster and minimum 2 mag pouches or 3 speedloader holders. LE can use their duty rigs or IWB
- Some type of cover garment like a tactical vest or long shirt.
- Eye and ear protection and a billed/brimmed hat.
- 150+ rounds of ammo. Match max round count will be 120 but bring more in case a reshoot is required.
- Weather appropriate attire. Raingear, umbrella if required.
- Drinks and snacks if desired.
- Portable seating.
Information regarding equipment, scoring, etc. is available at www.idpa.com.
So, come out and experience some non-conventional defensive action shooting. It is safe, a lot of fun and extremely valuable if you are planning to or already carry a handgun for personal protection. This is not training but it is conditioning you to get your gun out and ready to employ on a signal!
NOTE: Please let us know if you can help set up or act as an RSO (IDPA certified)!
Further information - Tom Iradi - email@example.com
Sunday, March 26, 2023, 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
Members pay for their own charges