Handgun RDS Class
Class Date: Saturday, November 9th, 2019
Class Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Class Location: CRPC Outdoor Range, ASF Bay 3
Class Cost: $100 for CRPC Members, $130 for Non-Members (limited to a maximum of 16 participants)
Lead Instructor: Tobe Gagnon, Certified Firearms Instructor
Instructor Contact: email@example.com
Pre-Registration is required to attend this Class!
This class is specifically designed and structured for shooters who are new to and/or want to become proficient with slide-mounted Red Dot Sights (RDS) on handguns. Topics that will be covered include safety, proper sight-in procedure, fundamentals specific to handgun usage, techniques specific to RDS draw, presentation, aiming, and use, stoppage clearing techniques specific to RDS use. Additional topics will be covered if time permits.
Cost for the “Handgun RDS” class for CRPC Members is only $100, and the cost for Non-CRPC Members is $130. This class will be capped at 16 participants.
Payment for this course is non-refundable and non-transferable. Payment is required immediately following Registration and will be processed using the PayPal system. Please be sure to contact the Instructor for processing payment, ensuring your spot in the class. Any person who registers but does not process payment within 24 hours will have their Registration cancelled.
Items required for this course:
- Semi-Automatic handgun
- Can be of any caliber.
- Must be equipped with a Red Dot Sight (RDS)
- May be of any make/model (Trijicon, Vortex, Leupold, etc.)
- Quality handgun holster that completely covers the trigger guard
- “Serpa-style” holsters are NOT allowed.
- Holster must be worn in front of the center-line of the body (between 9 and 3 o’clock)
- Inside the Waistband (IWB) or Outside the Waistband (OWB) are both OK.
- Appendix-carry is OK.
- 3 magazines (or more)
- Magazine holster required.
- 400 rounds of ammunition (minimum)
- 500 rounds of ammunition recommended
- Eye protection, hearing protection, hat
- Proper attire to accommodate weather
- Training sneakers, boots, rain gear, jacket, gloves, etc.
- Tools specific to your firearm, optic, and/or accessories
- Water/Gatorade and Snacks
Suggested additional items:
- Cleaning kit (cleaning rod, bore snake, etc.)
- CLP or lubricant of choice
- ‘Dummy’ ammunition (Inert training rounds)
- Magazine loaders
- Notepad and pencil